Sunday, 8 May 2011

Less is More - White on White

This week over at Less is More the challenge is "White on White". Now I think this may be the very first time I have made a card just using white!
I used a crafts too embossing folder and a die cut tattered florals flower I curled the petals slightly to give a 3d effect. I added some white gems to the middle of the flower.

I scanned my card - as I was getting rubbish results with my camera, there does look like there are a couple of smudges on the card but after checking its the scanner that needs a clean!

43 comments:

Chrissie said...

This is a really pretty card Ang! It's great to try something new isn't it!
Thanks so much for joining us!
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Regina said...

You have done a wonderful job!! I love the spots continued onto the flower!! Thank you

Sarn said...

Great minds think alike . . . I got my Tattered Florals die out too! Love what you've done with it. Very stylish card.
Hugs, Sandra

Kathyk said...

Simple elegance, a fab card

Kathyk

Zoechaos said...

Hi Ang, cannot believe you have not made a WoW card before you have done most things. You have made a lovely stylish card lots of yummy texture. XOXO Zoe

Dolly Daydreams said...

Ang , gorgeous card beautifully executed, had the same trouble with the camera worse than acetate !

Marie

Deborah Frings said...

It's so hard to take a good photo of a white card - I think your picture is great. Love the texture and pretty flower!

Sandra said...

Love your card. Sandra

Meggymay said...

Your card is realy elegant. love it. Yvonne x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Ang :-) simple and very stylish :-)

Luv
Lols x x x

Mandi said...

Lovely card Ang
Shame about the scan, Im sure its even better IRL, more dimensional
Thank you!
Diva LIM mandi
Less is More

Carole Campanile said...

Wonderful card!! Scanners normally wash out a card, but I guess when it's W/W that can't happen. LOL
The sac is great, it show the details very well. I love your layout, well done.

Carol said...

A lovely card, the Swiss Dots folder always works well. Carol x

Sarah's Little Snippets said...

Gorgeous Ang! the embossing on the flower is lovely. Sarah

Lisa said...

Beautifully done :)

kelly said...

great minds think alike, we both went for daisy style flowers!
kelly x

Jenny said...

Lovely card, yep I think part of the challenge is to photograph your creation this week:)
Jenny x

Maureen said...

Lovely card, that embossing folder is a really useful one!!

Suze Bain said...

Lovely card Ang, great embossing. (btw, I love your inchie block!) xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

such a pretty card

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A beautiful CAS card Ang - love the matching embossing on the panel and the flower - it really brings the design together. THanks for visiting my blog - hugs, Sylvia xxx

Aileen said...

Lovely card. x

Vicky Hayes said...

These white-on-white cards are so hard to photograph aren't they?!! I love the 3D white sentiment on your card.

Rosietoes said...

Very pretty card. Smashing flower!

Edna x

fatmonica said...

Lovely card!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Very classy card. I love those embossed dots. I really neeed to buy the supplies to do that.
Caroline xxx

Susan said...

What a beautiful card you've created, Ang!!

Pauline said...

Beautiful textures here, love that tattered florals die.

Irene said...

A beautiful card with a stunning flower. I like how you have embossed the flower also.
Thank you so much for your comment on my blog.
irene
xxxx

Anonymous said...

elegant and simply stunning card i love the embossing on the flower!

Hugs June
x

Kathleen said...

fabulous card, great flower.

Kath x

Canonbury creations said...

Beautiful card Ang I like the positioning and that lovely flower!
Val x

G Peplow said...

Beautiful card, perfect for the challenge, I love it:0) xxx

Babs said...

Very pretty...

Babs x

Isabelle Norris said...

Simple and very elegant.
Beautiful card
isa

Valerie-Jael said...

A very elegant card! Valerie

Caroline Hallett said...

nice card, and good idea with the scanner - I spent ages trying to photograph mine!

Liz McGuire, said...

Really pretty card,

Liz x

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Ang, this is really pretty. Cheers, Kasey ~ in Oz

Stef H said...

white-on-white scared me too and mine is nowhere near as gorgeous as yours! WOWZA! beeeeeeeee utiful!

hugs, stef (Glitterbabe)

do check me out, my store and
Glitterbabe@Stitchy Bear

kingstonmama said...

This is a very pretty card. I like the flower and the embossed dots.

Unknown said...

Hi there, such a pretty card. Love that you've carried the spots onto the flower. Sarah

Monica said...

So clean and pretty. Thanks for visiting me.

xxx Monica