Saturday, 6 August 2011

Less is More - Colour Week

Its colour week this week at Less is More and Chrissie and Mandi are asking us to use the colours on our national flag. Mine is the Union Jack so its red, white and blue for me.

I have made a very simple card this week using my in stitches embossing folder and then colouring some prima flowers with distress inks in fired brick and faded jeans. I added a pearl to the centre of the flowers and added the thankyou stamped in faded jeans.

Hope to get round to as many blogs as I can today and tomorrow as I'm off on my hols on Monday!

Piccie isn't the worlds best today - its scanned in mainly because the camera is packed away ready for Monday!

28 comments:

Jess S said...

very cool :)

Maureen said...

Great card, well done. You can view my card here.
Maureen........x

TAM said...

Fabulous card - love that embossing folder and the prima flowers

Chrissie said...

I love that embossing folder... I think I may have bought it too. I'll have to dig it out!
Just Super!
Thank you so much.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Sarah said...

I like the embossed background, and the flowers are so pretty.

Mandi said...

Really effective, I must try look for the EF it fabulous
Thank you!
Good to see you
Mandi
Diva Lim
"Less is More"

Anne said...

Nice folder and the flowers look great on it
Anne
x

Suze Bain said...

Super card Ang, have a great holiday. xx

Hazel said...

Beautiful, I love dry embossing. Hazel x

Suzilou said...

What a great embossing folder and love the flowers, very effective :)

Linby said...

Love that embossing, somebody used it last week-must get it I think! Great card very cas.
Have a lovely hol.
Linbyx

StampingStace said...

Love it - enjoy your holiday! I'm off on Monday too ;o)
Love
Stacex (48)

Canonbury creations said...

Very striking card Ang, I thought the flowers had been stitched on:)
Val x
ps have a lovely holiday hope the weather is kind to you!

Jane said...

Lovely card, the flowers look great on that embossed background.

Pauline said...

Brilliant card, love the embossed background!

Meggymay said...

Beautiful card, love the embossing.

Diane said...

Very pretty...love the EB folder...must get one...lol!!

GinaA said...

Embossing is a great backdrop for the flowers, have a good holiday.

Lynne said...

Simply lovely.
Lynne xxx

Jenny said...

This is luuurvly Ang :)
The embossing is a great background :)
Jenny x

Zoechaos said...

Smashing card, have a good holiday XOXO Zoe

Taru Jehkonen said...

Lovely cards!

Carol Wilde said...

Cute card - nice idea !

Carol W

Sandra said...

Lovely card - haven't got that EF - yet! Sandra

Beryl K said...

Great card, love the embossing
Beryl x

Rosemary said...

neat card, ang!! enjoy your holiday!!

Annes Art said...

Great card!!

My name is Wynneth said...

Great card !
hugs
wynneth
x